Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ballad of the Unborn - Abortions, we should have fewer

The Ballad of the Unborn
The View from the Middle
Have you ever mindlessly sang along with a song for years without paying attention to the words, lost in the melody or the rhythm and flow of the lyrics?  But then there is that moment when the words become clear.  You either hear the correct words or you grasp their meaning for the first time. 
It truly is like a light bulb turning on in your mind.  This happened to me recently with the song “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion.  Since 1996 I have listened to this ballad and have been mesmerized by its melody, the poetry of the lyrics and, of course, Celine’s voice.
Then, yesterday I heard this song as for the first time and had an epiphany.  Ms. Dion originally wrote this song about her father, but for me these lyrics are a conversation between an unborn child and its God.  Just read the words of the chorus:
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn’t speak
You were my eyes when I couldn’t see
You saw the best there was in me.
Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach
You gave me faith ‘cause you believed
I’m everything I am
Because you loved me.

Even if you don’t believe in God, the voice coming from the womb is still undeniable.  If you eliminate the existence of God, these words default to the voice of the unborn to its mother.  Here is a link that will allow you to listen to this song, maybe for the first time like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9YyuXF1VE

If you have followed my commentary, you know that I do not blame women who have to make these very difficult decisions.  I’ve called abortion “The Choice No Woman Wants to Make”.  But, if these words tear at your heart as they did mine, you’ll agree with my stance on abortion – We should have fewer!

1 comment: