Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Can Only Imagine

I Can Only Imagine
The View from the Middle

For those of you who have been following my blog, you would probably have to admit that I have become a cynic of Washington, politicians, our federal government and maybe even the world in general. I question whether we have been lured away from doing what is right by the pervasive and insidious temptation for self-absorption.
Just when I was bouncing on the bottom of the barrel of pessimism, I went to a movie that reminded me not only of the good in the world, but of the source of that goodness. If you have not seen “I Can Only Imagine” you must go and see this film immediately and take the people you care most about with you.
If the measure of a movie is its ability to arouse your emotions, this film may be the best movie ever made. J. Michael Finley, the actor who played Bart Millard, is amazingly versatile. His acting skills and powerful voice will surprise you, although they should not. He did play in Les Miserables on Broadway.
But make no mistake, the star of the movie is Dennis Quaid. Far from the tough guy, handsome lead parts he has played in the past, Dennis plays the completely hateable father of Bart Millard. He is detestable, pitiable and noble all in the same movie. If the Academy Awards actually rewarded great performances instead of condescending conformity, Dennis Quaid would walk away with the Best Actor award for 2018.
Please accept my counsel and go and see this film as soon as possible and tell everyone you care about to do the same.
After reading almost every one of my articles where I suggest that we need higher integrity in our politicians and media or smaller government in Washington, more personal responsibility and a higher level of civility in our discourse, my wife Brenda reminds me that there is really only one thing this world needs more of. This movie will remind you of what (who) that “one thing” is.
God bless, AND GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment